July 30, 2008

Get up off Your Knees!

C.S. Lewis wrote ,
"You may realize that instead of saying your prayers, you ought to be downstairs writing a letter, or helping your wife wash up. Well, go and do it. i am often, I believe, praying for others when I should be doing things for them. It's so much easier to pray for a bore than to go and see him."
Wow! Isn't that convicting? I know in our experiences, our incredible friends and family have been a tremendous blessing. The prayers were and all will be appreciated, but I can't say enough about all the people that came over and shared their time with us. Everything from watching the kids, to bringing groceries, to just visiting for awhile was and still is a tremendous blessing! As our kids grow older, I hope we are able to instill in them a desire to serve others with their hands and prayers, by being an example and doing so ourselves.

No comments: