May 27, 2009

Aahhh, Sweet Summer Time


Tomorrow is the final day of Mom's Day Out for the '08-'09 school year. Bittersweet. While I've been slowly training my two and a half year olds to sleep past 6:30am, I am still not sure what I'm going to do with these kids all summer. It should be easier than last year. At least we can go places without me having to chase down two runaway monkeys going in different directions. This year we have the threat of the "NO NO stick."
There will be swimming and Popsicles. Lots of Popsicles and snow cones. I'm hoping it doesn't get brutally hot-like that's possible in Texas. We have birthday parties every month, so that will add to the excitement. Play dates with friends are a lifesaver for mom! Holy man -as he prefers to call himself- is starting to color and loves to play with his cars. Big E talks non-stop and is calming down in only a way that he can. Bubbie keeps himself occupied by learning how to make rude obnoxious noisy that drive his momma crazy...with NO help from dad of course! And Pods is always working on a project of some sort.
Lord willing, it will be a fun summer and I won't have a nervous breakdown two weeks into it this year!! 61 days until school starts!!

No comments: