July 25, 2009

Summing Up Summer



Oh my, I am so behind on this blog! So many stories to tell! I'll try to keep the updates short and sweet...

My baby girl is now six years old. She had a little mermaid "under the sea" party. She really wanted a cowgirl swimming party, but mommy couldn't figure out how to work that one out. She had a bunch of adorable little girls over. We transformed our living room into an ocean complete with an ocean soundtrack in the background. I needed a hammock and I would've been the happiest momma on the planet!


Next, we celebrated July 4th out at a local ranch. It was a blast! We got to ride paddle boats, jump in bounce houses, ride a mechanical bull, and just hang out together for fireworks! What fun!

Oh yeah, my sister eloped in Vegas around this time, too. No one really knows exactly when, but I'm sure it'll show up on Facebook at some point.

Next came Bubbie's birthday. I can't believe Bubbie's four! I still see him as that little melon head cutie pie. Bubbie got to celebrate with a McQueen party at Chuck E. Cheese's. He had a blast because they had Mario Cart which is his most favorite game. Bubbie is always so excited about and appreciative of his gifts. It makes it a blast to watch him open them.


Somewhere along the way, we ended up with a bunch of high-powered water guns. Bubbie is a perfect shot, whether he's aiming at you or not. We had a blast and everyone and the camera was soaked by the game.

Here's a picture from my sister's "I've been married two whole weeks!" party.

One more thing...We were driving home from the waterpark and Pods saw a homeless man on the street corner. She asked me what his sign said. I explained to her that he doesn't have a home and is needing food. After a few moments, she replied, "Well, he can live with us." I said that was very thoughtful and asked her if she was going to share her room with him. She said, "No, but he can sleep in Caleb's room because he's got a bunk bed."

No comments: