January 1, 2009

A Few Jots


Wow! This week has flown by so fast! We've been enjoying our Santa treasures, cleaning out the house, and sleeping in a little later. Well, some of us anyways. Two mornings ago, I awoke at 5:30 to the sound of a little boy yelling, "YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!" What on earth could possibly be going on at this hour? Party in the twin's room. They had the lights on and music playing. Frijole Man was giddying up on the horse and Big E was playing cars. Much to their disappointment, mom crashed the party and sent both boys back to bed.
Dad went back to work today. "Cabin fever" syndrome was beginning to set in. Since I rarely take the whole brood out alone, I had to consider which store offered the shopping cart with the most seats. Target fit the bill. The older two rode in the kiddie seats, Frijole sat where I usually put my purse, and Big E had the basket all to himself. They were wonderful. I can count on one hand how many times the twins have been to the grocery store. They always get the "shock and awe" effect when we hit the food aisles. We got some 75% off Christmas calendars, educational video's, and some more parts to our favorite Christmas gift, the Geo Trax. Even mom and dad are entertained with it! I'm staying on budget so far...counting every penny!
For some strange reason, I got the urge to clean out my kitchen when we got back home. I went through all the cabinets, did some rearranging, removed more baby stuff, and cleaned. It looks nice now. And I love knowing there's not anything hiding, just waiting to jump out at me when I open a door. Life's simple pleasures.
Tomorrow's our last day to goof off. Saturday brings birthday parties and dad's return. Sunday will be church and preparing for the week ahead. I must say this has been the most "down" time we've had since the twins entered our world. It's nice to see there is hope ahead! I am starting to miss my babies though. Not necessarily all the work. Just having them fall asleep on my shoulder, having their tiny hand wrap around my finger, all their coo's and little noises, and everything else that's sweet about them. I just need to find one to hold and I'll be ok. ;)
Oh yeah...forgot to mention that I am aspiring to be like the Duggar's. You're thinking I'm well on my way. I don't necessarily need more kids....quite happy with four. I just like their simple and frugal qualities...and the fact that their children are so well behaved and quiet. I went to their web site and found out that they make their own laundry detergent. For $2 they can was 160 loads! Unbelievable!! I just had to try this! I bought the three ingredients and had the whole thing put together in about 10 minutes. I now have a five gallon bucket of detergent which will be diluted by half, so actually 10 gallons for about $2.50! It smells wonderful and so does my house after making it. LOVE IT! No more $15 for 60 loads! Ha! The kids loved watching me make it, too. We also made some of their casseroles and they have been a hit. This is so wonderful, I might just have to have 15 more kids just to get the full effect...just kidding. ;)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2009 - WOW!

No comments: