February 25, 2009

Lent

Do you think it will work on kids, too?

Since today is the first day of Lent, I've decided to give up my children for forty days. Who wants them. I can't even imagine having forty days of a clean house, peace and quiet, sleep, and sanity. And, yes, I do want them back after my forty days of R&R.


Today ranked up there in my top ten worst days of parenthood. I had to get up three times last night to settle the little ones back down. I could understand this when they were newborns, but we're at the 31 months mark. Time to move on~and sleep! When I returned to my bed the third time, there was something under the cover. I reached down to move it and it was a body part. Totally freaked me out! My little Pods had snuck into my bed and I couldn't even see her. At 5:30 am, my sweet little Big E came down to join me. He crawled in bed. It would have been easier to sleep with an over-sized flea. Bubbie awoke at 6:30~cranky as most men are in the morning. Everyone was demanding breakfast and cranky-because they won't sleep at night. Big E decided the couch wasn't colorful enough, so he decided to take a marker to it. Frijole Man had a fit because I didn't use the box of wipes that he chose.

The rest of the day was something out of a Stephen King novel. Someone was crying, upset, or had otherwise been violated at almost every point during the day. By 1:30, I was exhausted. Normally, I keep on trucking through naptime. Today, however, I decided to lay down and work on my Twilight novel. Literally every two minutes something happened. The phone rang, the dog wanted out, Bubbie needed to get more of his daily 500,000 words out. I never did get a moment of peace.

I really wish I could remember everything else that happened. The grand finale was Bubbie not making it to the potty. He peed and pooped all over his self, his clothes, the floor, and the toilet. I had just eaten a BLT and was about to enjoy it for a second time. Ugh! I despise cleaning up poop that's not in a diaper. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. And if you want to take my children for the next forty days as your Lent sacrifice, call me. I'll have their bags packed.

No comments: