April 27, 2009

Where Have the Years Gone?



Some how I completely missed year 33 of my life. I'm sure it will turn up somewhere someday. All of a sudden it was my birthday last Tuesday and I turned 34. Part of me is very grateful that I have had 34 years of good health. That's also the part that says "Who cares how old you are!" I like that part. Then, there's a little part of me that says,"Woah! When did this happen?" I remember my mom at 34. I was a seventh grader at the time. Now, all of a sudden, I've got the four kids and I'm 34.

This is me at 34: I drive a mini-van. My hubby and I have made it past the seven year itch -successfully. We are starting to see hope with our kiddo's. I get to be with my kids every day. I've gained about 10 pounds. My hair is longer than it's ever been. I love to roller skate with Pods. My relationship with God is growing everyday. I'm starting to come back to my old self - as much as possible. ;) All in all, life is really good!

Deep down, age doesn't bother me. After all, it's not the number of breaths you take, but the number of moments that take your breath away. When my day finally comes, I hope I have a million laugh lines and smile wrinkles. So many that the mortician has to glue my lips to my teeth to keep me from grinning.

No comments: