September 19, 2009

Attack of the Oreo Shake


Ok, so I don't know what is happening to me. Menopause? Kids? Mid-life crisis? I have been doing some really out-of-the-ordinary things lately. I've always been able to be a mind over matter type. Well, on Friday that all ceased.

I had to pick up Pods from school at 2:00 pm. At 1:40 pm, I had the most overwhelming craving for a Chick-fil-a Oreo shake. If you've never had one of these, you haven't lived. Here's another addict's comment that sums it right up...


The whipped cream and cherry is standard stuff and tastes as you would expect it and blends well with the milkshake. The milkshake flavoring itself can be summed up in one word: OUTSTANDING. The shake has a very strong flavoring of cream that lingers in your mouth for quite some time after each bite (and for about a half hour after you are done with the shake as well) and is mixed with a healthy helping of crumbled Oreo-type cookies. They really could do no wrong with this thing.


I'm telling you, I could not shake it! It takes fifteen minutes to drive across town to the school. I threw the boys in the car and raced over there. You're asking, "Why didn't you just go after picking up Pods?" Then, I would've had to buy everybody one and that gets expensive.

At 1:55, I was still stuck in the drive thru, behind the mom in the suburban who ordered five kid's meals...I would NEVER do something like that! How rude. Meanwhile, I was planning the fastest way to get across town. There is no fast way. Finally, got my shake and all was well - except that it was now 2:00 pm. There's always a line, so it'll be okay. Well, of course I got behind every pokey person in town. Figures. When I arrived, there were about two cars still in front of me and I was the last one to pick up my kid. All for a shake.

This would be no big deal except for the fact that for once I didn't care if I was being irresponsible. I just had to have that shake! Wow! That was fun!

No comments: