September 14, 2009

One Moment in Time

The other day, my mom-in-law reminded me of a story that happened long before my blogging days. It was a pretty good one, so I'm going to add it... so I don't forget it...again.
She was up here helping out when the twins were newborns. I had the babies laying on my bed preparing to do the double diaper duty. In the middle of that fun job, our dachshund, Sydney, started going into a seizure. This happens from time to time. She was at the backdoor which is a good place to be when a seizure begins. I heard the vomiting about to begin, so I left the babies and darted across the house to let Sydney outside before her episode got ugly. In the meantime, I saw Bubbie, who was barely one at the time, walking around the house with the phone attached to his hear and passey in mouth. When I had gotten the babies in new diapers and Sydney recovered from her seizure, I found Bubbie and recovered the phone. He had pushed a million buttons. I turned it off and put it back on the charger. I had just sit down when the phone rang - of course. I didn't recognize the number, so I ignored it.
About twenty minutes later, an uniformed officer showed up wanting to know who had called 911 and why. He took a look around, said, "You have a good day ma'am," and scurried along on his way. Is it bad when you scare a cop away?

No comments: