August 27, 2008

A Nice Day


My children were angels today. As a matter of fact, Mooner and I were questioning who took our kids and replaced them with these great kids. All four of them were playing quietly with the same toy...may not seem like a big deal, but if you've got kids, especially in the two-three year old range, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I only had to pull Big E off the light fixture twice, although he did manage to make it on top of the kitchen counter. Their new fascination is the itty bitty snails in our flower bed. Bubbie likes to collect them and put them in his Frisbee. He's even tried to convince me that they should live with us. I keep finding them everywhere, especially in the washing machine. They don't look so hot when they come out of the dryer, pardon the pun. They had a little gecko in the house yesterday. Poor thing didn't have a tail left when they finally decided to return it to its family in the garden.


Pods has been devising a plan to have a slumber party with not I, but her Daddy for the last week. She's had her great idea on her mind day and night. Finally, she had a "perfect" day, so Mooner decided she deserved the special "dad" time. You would have thought she had just been given the world by the light in her eyes. Special time with a parent is a rare occurrence around here these days. I had to poke my head in her room to tell her goodnight. There she was sitting on the floor next to her daddy showing him how to put a princess puzzle together. They had already been playing My Little Ponies. They had to stop because Daddy's pony was not following the pony rules. I can't wait to hear all about their fun night in the morning. I know she'll never forget it...and I have a feeling her Daddy will relish it more and more in the years to come.


Mooner finished cutting our bathroom tile and I got it glued down. I know I won't get much sleep tonight because I'll be dreaming of grouting tomorrow...you know how much I love it! :)

No comments: